Tuesday 12 April 2011

Treasures from Denmark

The Danish crown jewels are quite spectacular in the Rosenberg Palace and I am going to be designing rings based on what I have seen!

This bird cage is so beautiful and useful too!! :-)

The Danish National Museum is absolutely brilliant. It is most like The British Museum in London and is beautifully presented with a whole host of amazing finds. I was, of course, looking for Viking artefacts but they have Roman swords, 18th century rooms decorated in the style of the original building that houses the collection and the oldest ship ever found. The gold torque is the greatest Viking treasure ever found made of solid gold!


I was amazed by these gorgeous gold goblets with spindly horse head handles.

Look at these amazing helmets!

3 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I've been to you Etsy store and I had to came say your work is great! Love it! :)
    Best wishes!
    Cintia
    (www.cintiacarvalho.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cintia.

    I have just been to look at your blog and etsy shop and they are great!

    I love the jewellery that you make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see some crown jewel inspired designs Sarah! I've given you a blog award - the details are on my blog! Hope you're well :)

    Lauren
    alittlelessoflauren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete