Tuesday 12 April 2011

Copenhagen

Well, I have returned from the land of Vikings!

I really enjoyed my weekend in Copenhagen and it is well worth a visit if, like me, you love history and sightseeing! Denmark is of course famous for design and it doesn't disappoint! I will post some photos of the bits and pieces that I picked up in due course with some recommendations for shops too!

This is the Round Tower, which travels up in a spiralled cobble way to give stunning views across Copenhagen:


Then there's of course The Little Mermaid statue, inspired by Hans Christian Anderson's fairytale. This is a major tourist spot but I'm not sure that the residents of Copenhagen are that keen on it!

Finally this is Nyhavn, a really pretty place to people watch.


Looks great in the sunshine, doesn't it?!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment