Wednesday 16 February 2011

Bluebirds do exist!



Due to my near obsession with buying vintage trinkets at the moment I have inevitably built up quite a collection! After a lovely little blue 1950s swallow brooch arrived on my doorstep this morning, I thought I might photograph and share the items that I have decided to keep for now.

The little blue swallow earrings are my absolute favourite. I like that they don't match in the least and are slightly damaged and I don't know if anyone would appreciate them as much as me so I will be obliged to keep them even though the clips are really strong and they kind of hurt to wear them!!! Still, at least there's little danger of them falling off!

I am going to try to learn how to use a technique called cold enamelling, which will hopefully allow me to recreate the effect of translucent colours merging seamlessly to create this lovely blue to green to red effect. Watch this space to see how it all turns out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment