Monday 16 June 2014

Fouloubal Poterie Beautiful Pottery from South West France

Just off the beaten track near Najac in South West France, is a lovely pottery workshop called Fouloubal Poterie. 



The prices are incredibly reasonable and with such beautiful items as this beaker made from copper rich local clay (hence the natural red colour effect mixed with the dove grey glaze)



and this sweet woodland tile, even someone on a budget can afford a locally made artisanal piece.



I have a particular love of wild boars (you can see my brooch based on the Chiddingly Boar here) and I purchased this pale blue glazed boar for my collection for only €5.



Fouloubal Poterie has a website here where you can see other designs.

Well worth a visit!

1 comment:

  1. A Freedom You May Not Really Understand, For me doing potter is a way to express my freedom If you want to express yourself, sometimes the way to truly do so is by being creative. Being creative brings forth a freedom that you may not understand currently.

    ReplyDelete