Sunday 17 November 2013

Stop Motion Animation

I have started an evening course in stop motion animation. So far I am really enjoying it and am surprised that I haven't tried it before! I haven't really managed to animate anything on my own yet but I am saving up to buy dragonframe and a proper camera so that I can try to make my own film.

I have been watching a lot of stop motion films recently to try to work out what can be done and what I might like to attempt myself.

The Gravedigger's Tale, directed by Min Young Oh caught my eye. The gravedigger leads a solitary existence but her loneliness is soothed by a haunting melody that floats from the edge of the forest.She is serenaded by death and this is their story. The trailer is below:


You can find out more about the production designer Olivia Muggleton's work here. I think the use of light is exceptionally beautiful. I hope you enjoy the trailer!

No comments:

Post a Comment